Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Testing web applications in 64 bit internet explorer is only supported on internet explorer 10 or later -CodedUI

Testing web applications in 64 bit internet explorer is only supported on internet explorer 10 or later.

This was the stupid error which o got when im ruing my codedUI dll on a remote VM.

I used to develop UI scripts from my Lap top which is ruining on windows 10 on a 64 bit chip set.
When i do the deployment i get the DLL file and other related files which are relevant to the DLL , bundle all and placeit on a proper place at the Test server.
In this case the QA server was a windows 7 64 bit VM.

When i try to execute my DLL using MS test i got this error.

Testing web applications in 64 bit internet explorer is only supported on internet explorer 10 or later.

IE explorer was IE 11 so no issues with that.
VM also it says it 64 bit server.

My only suspicious thing was when i open IE ,i saw there are 2 processors ruining at the Task manager.Which are IExexplorer.exe and IExexplorer32*.exe

I was googling for 2 days but could nt foind any proper solution.

Then i change the build platform of my DLL 64 bit to x86.


  1. Right click on the project
  2. Select property.
  3. Select Builds.
  4. Then select Activity (x86) from the platform drop down menu.
  5. Now build the project.
  6. Navigate to project using file explorer and you could now see a New folder named x86 available inside the in folder.




I then get the DLL inside the x86 folder an dyploy it to my QA server and it start work fine.
Error message gone.





No comments:

Post a Comment